Today I went on a cooking spree during Ben’s nap (he is still napping actually). There are some days where, as a mom, I feel that I can’t do anything right. Then other days I feel like Super Mom and I can do it all! Today is one of those days! I got a bunch of organic veggies and food at Whole Foods this morning to prepare for my little cooking afternoon, and once Ben was napping, I got to it!
First I made Whole Wheat Veggie Pancakes from Weelicious. I have used this recipe before, but today I subbed out regular flour with organic whole wheat (going to try to do that with most recipes from now on). These are DELICIOUS. I don’t know if I put enough veggies in because in the end some of them looked more like regular pancakes, but regardless, they are yummy and healthy.
Whole Wheat Veggie Pancakes
- 1/2 Cup Carrots, grated
- 1/2 Cup Zucchini, grated
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 Cup Organic Milk
- 1/2 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Salt
1. Place the grated vegetables in a bowl.
2. Whisk the egg and milk in a separate bowl and pour over vegetables.
3. Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl and sprinkle over the vegetable mixture. Toss to combine.
4. Coat saute pan with oil or spray over medium heat.
5. Place 1 Tbsp of vegetable mixture in pan and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining batter.
***Weelicious is an amazing resource for feeding your children. Definitely check out the website for more fun recipe ideas!
THE VERDICT: Ben has already gobbled one up since he woke up from his nap. Success!!!