I saw this recipe while perusing foodgawker and was so excited to try it…the only catch…Dan doesn’t eat beans! So since Dan was traveling this week, I made this while staying at my parents’ house last night. It was delicious! We didn’t make the tostadas from scratch or make our own dressing like the original recipe, but everything was great.
- 1 head lettuce, shredded (we used iceberg)
- 2 avocados, cubed
- 1 can black olives, sliced
- 1 tomato, diced
- Dressing (we used Litehouse Red Wine & Olive Oil)
- 1 can vegetarian refried beans
- 1 package tostadas (Ortega)
- shredded cheese (we used monterey jack & cheddar)
- Salsa (we used ShopRite Organic and it was delicious!)
Put shredded lettuce, olives and tomatoes in a larger bowl and toss with salad dressing. After heating up the tostada shells, spread refried beans on tostada, then put lettuce mixture, cheese, avocados and top with salsa. You can also use this recipe for a taco salad!
The above portions served 3
Source: Use Real Butter blog